This recipe for quick and easy noodle salad with beef sirloin steak, lime, radish and mint is a delicious summer favourite!
- 200g sirloin steak
- 120g egg noodles
- 150g beansprouts
- 6 radishes
- 1 lime
- 5 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Heat one tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan and fry beansprouts on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from pan and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return to pot and stir in the beansprouts, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and zest and juice of 1/2 lime. Leave to cool completely.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan. Cook steak on high heat, turning halfway through cooking. Approximately 1-2 minutes for rare or 3-4 minutes for medium, though it does depend on the size and thickness of your steak.
- Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Then cut into thick slices and leave to cool completely.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut the radishes into very thin slices. Roughly chop the peanuts.
- Divide the noodles between two plates. Top with the radish and a few mint leaves. Add the beef slices, and sprinkle with some chopped peanuts. Serve with some of the remaining lime.
Enjoy this salad either cold or lukewarm!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: beef and lime noodle salad, beef noodle salad recipe, lime noodle salad recipe, steak salad recipe, summer noodle salad