This easy recipe makes quick and healthy homemade cauliflower fritters with incredible flavour thanks to paprika, thyme and parsley.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower, cut into florets (approximately 350g)
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 60g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Boil cauliflower florets until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, then drain again. Leave to dry slightly before moving to the next step.
- Transfer cauliflower florets to a food processor and chop into very small pieces. Don’t pulse for too long, you will need small pieces rather than a paste, it’s okay if you have a few larger chunks. You could chop by hand if you don’t have a food processor.
- Mix two eggs and combine with the cauliflower. I like doing this using my KitchenAid stand mixer using the paddle attachment, but you could easily do this with a wooden spoon. Add flour, herbs and spices and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan until very hot. Using two tablespoons scoop out approximately two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and flatten with the back of a spoon. Fry on each side for a couple of minutes until golden and crispy on the outside.
Experiment endlessly with different herbs and spices!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 400
Keywords: cauliflower fritters recipe, spiced cauliflower fritters recipe, vegetarian cauliflower appetizer, healthy vegetarian appetizer, fried cauliflower recipe