This recipe for a classic Caesar salad with dressing, chicken and egg is served on toasted bread. The perfect lunch or light dinner!
- 4 slices of bread (I use rye sourdough)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 30ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 70ml vegetable oil
- 20g parmesan cheese (plus extra to serve)
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a grill pan with a little olive oil. Cook the chicken breasts and leave to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, boil two of the medium eggs for 3-6 minutes, as desired. Once cooked, add to a large bowl with cold water.
- Meanwhile, proceed with making the dressing. Add the anchovy fillets, remaining egg, garlic clove, dijon mustard and lemon juice to a food processor or mini-chopper. Blitz until fully combined. Now slowly add the extra-virgin olive oil, little by little, while continuing to blitz. Once fully incorporated, do the same for the vegetable oil. Add the parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper and give it a final blitz until you reach a smooth dressing.
- Peel the eggs. I like peeling mine inside the bowl of water, the water helps separate the egg from the shell and nearly always gives a perfect result! Slice the eggs in half. Then cut the cooked chicken breasts in thin slices.
- Toast your bread slices. Spread each slice with a little dressing. Top with a large romaine lettuce leave. Divide the chicken breast slices and arrange nicely on top of the toast, leaving a little room for one egg half per slice of bread. Drizzle on some extra dressing and scatter over some parmesan cheese shavings. Serve immediately.
This is a great recipe to make ahead! Prepare all ingredients, keep in the fridge overnight, and assemble the next day.
The dressing can be kept in the fridge for 1 day.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken caesar salad on toast, alternative chicken caesar salad, chicken caesar salad dinner, no-whisk caesar salad dressing, chicken egg caesar salad on toast