Recipe for a quick and easy chocolate mousse with a touch of cinnamon, the ultimate treat for a true chocolate lover!
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cacao or more)
- 3 large eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Break the chocolate into small pieces. Add to a glass or metal mixing bowl, together with 80ml of cold water.
- Melt the chocolate au bain-marie. Add a small layer of water to a pot large enough to carry your mixing bowl. Bring to a simmer and place the mixing bowl on top, making sure it doesn’t touch the water. Melt the chocolate while stirring. Remove mixing bowl from pot and leave to cool slightly.
- Separate the eggs. Add egg white to a large mixing bowl, together with the caster sugar. Briefly mix the egg yolks.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly, add the egg yolks and ground cinnamon. Stir well until fully combined.
- Whisk the egg white and caster sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into the chocolate mixture and fully incorporated.
- Divide the mousse between six glasses and place in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours before serving.
You can make the chocolate mousse one night ahead and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: cinnamon chocolate mousse, cinnamon chocolate mousse recipe, quick and easy chocolate mousse recipe, foolproof chocolate mousse, rapid chocolate mousse