This versatile courgette and parmesan puff pastry tart recipe is a perfect vegetarian starter, light dinner or canapé!
- 320g puff pastry roll
- 1 medium courgette
- 250g ricotta
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice courgette very thinly, using a mandoline or sharp knife.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry courgette slices until they’re softened but haven’t developed much colour, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from pan and leave to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, dried oregano, dried thyme and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the puff pastry roll in 12 squares, approximately 8x8cm in size each.
- Create a border all the way round by lightly running a knife 1cm from the edge. Pierce the rest of the puff pastry all over with a fork.
- Top each puff pastry square with a generous amount of the ricotta mixture, staying within the borders you just created.
- Divide the courgette slices between the puff pastry tarts, slightly overlapping each other.
- Top with half of the parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, until puff pastry is cooked and slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining parmesan cheese and season with pepper. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 49.2mg
- Fat: 35.2g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: courgette puff pastry tarts, courgette ricotta tarts, courgette parmesan tarts, vegetarian puff pastry tart, courgette and parmesan recipe