Deliciously fresh and crispy summer rolls with prawns, rice noodles, fresh mint, coriander, cucumber, carrots and peanuts!
- 10 rice paper sheets
- 20 cooked king prawns (approx. 150g)
- 100g thin rice noodles
- 1 small or ½ large carrot
- ½ cucumber
- 3 tablespoons salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon light brown soft sugar
- Few handfuls of mixed crispy green salad
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Grate the carrot and cucumber into very fine julienne. Finely chop the peanuts.
- Meanwhile, cook the thin rice noodles. Rinse under cold water and drain properly. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the white rice vinegar and light brown soft sugar.
- Fill a large deep pan or oven dish with lukewarm tap water. Take a rice paper sheet and soak in the water until softened. Take out, gently shake off excess water, and transfer to a plate.
- Place two cooked king prawns in the middle of the sheet. Add a few fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Take a bunch of the cooked noodles and place on top, in a long strip. This will define the shape and size of your finished summer roll.
- Top with some green salad leaves and chopped peanuts. Finish with some of the grated carrot and cucumber.
- Fold in the sides of the wrapper, then roll up the sheet tightly into a perfect roll. Repeat with the other wrappers until you have 10 finished summer rolls.
- Serve with your favourite dips and sauces, like sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce or peanut sauce.
Experiment endlessly with your favourite vegetables, meat, fish and noodles!
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
Keywords: Prawn summer rolls, Vietnamese summer rolls recipe, prawn vegetable summer rolls, rice paper prawn rolls, healthy prawn and vegetable spring rolls