This recipe only takes 10 minutes of prep to make a delicious apple and cinnamon puff pastry tart, with fresh lemon and vanilla.
- 250g puff pastry
- 4 pink lady apples (or other sweet apples)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll out puff pastry and line a 20cm quiche dish. With a fork, pierce puff pastry all over both the bottom and sides. Place in the fridge while you continue with the next steps.
- Core the apples using an apple corner. Slice into rings, approximately 3mm thick each.
- In a bowl, combine the apple rings with the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and fresh lemon juice. Toss well to ensure the apples are fully coated and the ingredients are well distributed.
- Take the puff pastry out of the fridge. Fill with the apple rings, I like arranging these circularly, slightly overlapping each other, though you can do this however you like.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden and cooked and the apples have softened. Remove from the dish and either eat warm straight away or leave to cool on a plate.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheat apple tart recipe, fastest apple tart recipe, apple puff pastry tart recipe, apple puff pastry desert recipe, quickest apple pie recipe