This recipe for a smooth carrot and tomato risotto is beautifully golden, rich in flavour and easy to make!
- 6 medium carrots (approximately 400g)
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 350g risotto rice
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 65g unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 40g parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel carrots and add, together with a good pinch of salt and pepper, to a food processor. Chop carrots until very fine, almost paste-like. It is okay if you are still able to see small pieces. Meanwhile, bring vegetable stock to the boil.
- In a large pan, melt 35 grams of butter and fry chopped onion until soft and golden, approximately 6 minutes. Add garlic and fry for a minute or so.
- Now add cherry tomatoes and ground nutmeg and cook until most of the tomatoes have started to burst, approximately 4 minutes. Add carrots and dried oregano and cook for 2 minutes and stir in the rice. Cook until the rice starts to get translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Now add a ladle of vegetable stock at a time, stirring frequently until fully absorbed before adding the next ladle. Continue doing so until the rice is cooked through and the stock has absorbed, this should take approximately 25 minutes but will depend on what type of risotto rice you use and if you’re like me, and you like your risotto on the firm side, start tasting from 20 minutes. You’ll likely have some stock left over.
- Add remaining butter, a bit of left-over stock and all grated parmesan and stir vigorously until fully melted and creamy. Serve with some black pepper.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 560
Keywords: carrot risotto recipe, creamy carrot risotto recipe, carrot tomato risotto recipe, easy carrot risotto, quick carrot risotto