Try an alternative take on basil pesto with this delicious and easy penne pasta with homemade spinach and pecorino pesto recipe!
- 65g fresh spinach
- 20g pecorino cheese (plus extra for serving)
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 250g penne pasta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add generous amount of salt.
- Put spinach, pecorino cheese and extra virgin olive oil into an electric food processor or mini chopper and pulse until you have a pesto consistency. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Boil pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. Save a mug of the pasta water, then drain and put pasta back in the pot.
- Add the spinach pesto and stir vigorously, adding some of the saved pasta water if needed, until the pesto fully coats the pasta.
- Serve immediately with some extra grated pecorino cheese.
Also delicious cold as the base for a delicious pasta salad!
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 770
Keywords: pasta with spinach pecorino pesto, spinach and pecorino pesto, basil pesto alternatives, easy spinach pesto pasta, easy spinach pesto recipe