This fast and easy recipe for deliciously sweet and sticky honey-soy glazed aubergine skewers is the ultimate weeknight dinner or party snack!
- 1 aubergine (approximately 285g)
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon light brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the aubergine in chunks, approximately 1.5 to 2cm in size. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil, brush with some unflavored or sesame oil.
- Thread the aubergine chunks onto skewers. Leave aside.
- Add soy sauce, honey, sugar, sesame oil, cornflour, water, paprika and onion granules to a small saucepan. Whisk briefly.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened. The consistency should be thick, yet easy to brush, roughly the same consistency as a stir-fry sauce.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the aubergine skewers generously in the honey and soy glaze and place on the baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through to ensure even cooking. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with some sesame seeds and serve immediately.
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: grilled aubergine skewers, vegetarian aubergine skewers, vegetarian bbq skewers, asian bbq skewers, vegetarian asian skewers