These zucchini, courgette roses make the most elegant and easy to prepare side dish! Delicious with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- 2–3 small courgettes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Using a mandoline, cut long ribbons of courgette.
- Poor some extra-virgin olive oil in a small bowl, and grease the muffin tin generously using a pastry brush.
- Arrange the courgette roses. For the most elegant shape, ensure the slightly thinner ribbons sit on the outside, gradually building up to end with the thickest strips in the centre. Cover the outside of the each hole with a courgette ribbon. Now continue to roll up a ribbon of courgette at the time and place in the centre, continuing to do so until you end with a small circle in centre.
- Using the pastry brush, bursh the top and sides of the courgette roses with some more olive oil.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven, season with salt and pepper, and optionally, some freshly grated parmesan cheese or your favourite herbs. Serve immediately.
Requires a 6-hole muffin tin
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: courgette roses, zucchini roses, courgette side dish recipe, courgette oven recipe, zucchini oven recipe, courgette and parmesan side