Beef and lime noodle salad
As soon as temperatures start rising, I instantly start craving delicious salads. I’m a huge fan of a classic Caesar salad recipe, Italian Caprese or flavourful pesto pasta salad, but sometimes you just want something different, and perhaps a little more filling, which is when I love to make a noodle salad!
You already have my recipe for chicken teriyaki noodle salad, and today I’m sharing with you my recipe for an ultra-fresh and super summery beef and lime noodle salad! Sirloin steak is the star ingredient in this dish, and as you can see, I like to eat my steak rare, though cook it however you like and this dish will be such a special treat!
Mixing the lime juice and zest through the noodles, and topping this with some crunchy radish and strong mint, makes it so incredibly fresh and together with the steak, keeps the dish nice and light, while being a great dinner portion. A perfect summer recipe!Print
Beef and Lime Noodle Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
This recipe for quick and easy noodle salad with beef sirloin steak, lime, radish and mint is a delicious summer favourite!
- 200g sirloin steak
- 120g egg noodles
- 150g beansprouts
- 6 radishes
- 1 lime
- 5 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Heat one tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan and fry beansprouts on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from pan and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return to pot and stir in the beansprouts, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and zest and juice of 1/2 lime. Leave to cool completely.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan. Cook steak on high heat, turning halfway through cooking. Approximately 1-2 minutes for rare or 3-4 minutes for medium, though it does depend on the size and thickness of your steak.
- Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Then cut into thick slices and leave to cool completely.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut the radishes into very thin slices. Roughly chop the peanuts.
- Divide the noodles between two plates. Top with the radish and a few mint leaves. Add the beef slices, and sprinkle with some chopped peanuts. Serve with some of the remaining lime.
Enjoy this salad either cold or lukewarm!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: beef and lime noodle salad, beef noodle salad recipe, lime noodle salad recipe, steak salad recipe, summer noodle salad
More salad recipes on Michiel’s Kitchen:
- Pesto pasta salad with asparagus and sun-dried tomato
- Chicken teriyaki noodle salad
- Chicken Caesar on toast
- Crispy homemade paprika and rosemary croutons