Chicken teriyaki noodle salad
Teriyaki glazed anything must be one of my favourite Asian dishes, so it was kind of bizarre that I had never attempted to make a teriyaki sauce myself. I’m not a fan of the store-bought version, so when I was craving a noodle salad with chicken teriyaki, I knew I had to try making it myself. My chicken teriyaki noodle salad recipe turned out to be one of the most delicious things I have made in a long time.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can experiment endlessly, and that the teriyaki sauce itself can be used to glaze so many other ingredients, I’m excited to try it with salmon, and for a vegetarian version, aubergine could be great.
This dish contains quite a few steps and a seemingly long list of ingredients, though it wouldn’t surprise me if you have a good portion of these in your kitchen cupboard already. I’d also encourage you to replace the vegetables in this recipe with any you have left over in the fridge.
There are also quite a few steps, though all are relatively easy and the chicken is fully cooked in the oven, making it an incredibly stress-free experience, which is probably what I love most about this recipe.Print
Chicken Teriyaki Noodle Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
A quick and easy recipe for teriyaki-glazed oven-cooked chicken with a vibrant vegetable noodle salad, full of flavour.
For the chicken teriyaki:
- 4 chicken breasts (approximately 600g)
- 60ml light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (plus extra to grease aluminium foil)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
For the noodle salad:
- 225g egg noodles
- 3 spring onions
- 6 radishes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 small carrot
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons crispy shallots
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse and cool under cold running water, then drain again. Return to the pot and mix in two tablespoons of toasted sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, whisk all ingredients for the teriyaki sauce until fully combined. In a small saucepan, heat over medium heat until it starts simmering. Continue cooking until the sauce has thickened but remains sauce-like. Make sure to continue whisking while cooking to ensure the sauce doesn’t burn.
- Line a large oven dish with aluminium foil and brush with some toasted sesame oil. Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer in the oven dish. Generously brush both sides of the chicken breasts with the teriyaki sauce. You should have approximately a third of the teriyaki sauce left.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush both sides with the remaining teriyaki sauce. Return to the oven for a further 8-12 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. Take out of the oven, and leave chicken breasts to cool on a cold plate or chopping board.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Slice the spring onion. Peel and grate the carrot using the coarse side of a box grater. Thinly slice the radishes in small circles and the cucumber in long ribbons, I use a mandolin for this.
- In a bowl, combine the noodles, spring onions and carrots and mix until well combined. Divide between four bowls and top with the cucumber and radishes.
- Cut the chicken into thick slices. Arrange nicely on top of the salad. Top the salad with some roughly chopped peanuts, crispy shallots and fresh mint leaves.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: chicken teriyaki noodle salad, chicken asian noodle salad, teriyaki noodle salad, asian chicken salad recipe