Red bell pepper dip
On the last day of the week, I open my fridge and let whatever I have left be my inspiration to create new recipes. Last week this was a red bell pepper and I saw it was starting to go old, so I knew I had to come up with something quickly to make sure it wouldn’t go to waste. This is how my red bell pepper dip recipe was born!
This dip (or spread) recipe literally only takes 5 minutes of cooking and 5 minutes of prep and honestly, I could not have been more pleasantly surprised by the the result! It is so beautifully bright red in colour and so full of flavour, it’s hard to believe all it took was a regular red bell pepper, some dried herbs and spices, garlic and a bit of fresh lemon juice.
This is truly delicious on some grilled baguette or ciabatta, with some breadsticks, or for a very healthy snack option, some crudités.Print
A quick and easy recipe for teriyaki-glazed oven-cooked chicken with a vibrant vegetable noodle salad, full of flavour.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the red bell pepper in small dices, approximately 1/2 cm.
- In a small frying pan, heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add the pepper and season with a pinch of salt. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until red bell pepper has softened and developed some colour.
- Transfer the red pepper to a small plate and leave to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, transfer the red pepper to a food processor or mini chopper and add the garlic clove, dried rosemary, dried oregano, ground cumin and fresh lemon juice and blitz until smooth. You could also do this with a stick blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. This dip is delicious on top of some grilled baguette or ciabatta slices!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: red bell pepper dip, red bell pepper spread, red bell pepper appetizer recipe, healthy vegetable dip recipe