Cinnamon chocolate mousse
If you like your chocolate mousse super light and creamy, this one isn’t for you. But if you like your chocolate desserts rich, indulgent and extremely chocolatey, you will love my cinnamon chocolate mousse recipe.
This chocolate mousse is definitely more on the thick side, and simply the ultimate treat for a true chocolate lover. It’s also incredibly easy to make, with very few ingredients. High-quality dark chocolate, a few eggs, sugar and a touch of cinnamon are all you need!
While I can enjoy this chocolate mousse all year round, I have a feeling it is going to become a regular favourite for the festive period.
Recipe for a quick and easy chocolate mousse with a touch of cinnamon, the ultimate treat for a true chocolate lover!
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cacao or more)
- 3 large eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Break the chocolate into small pieces. Add to a glass or metal mixing bowl, together with 80ml of cold water.
- Melt the chocolate au bain-marie. Add a small layer of water to a pot large enough to carry your mixing bowl. Bring to a simmer and place the mixing bowl on top, making sure it doesn’t touch the water. Melt the chocolate while stirring. Remove mixing bowl from pot and leave to cool slightly.
- Separate the eggs. Add egg white to a large mixing bowl, together with the caster sugar. Briefly mix the egg yolks.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly, add the egg yolks and ground cinnamon. Stir well until fully combined.
- Whisk the egg white and caster sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into the chocolate mixture and fully incorporated.
- Divide the mousse between six glasses and place in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours before serving.
You can make the chocolate mousse one night ahead and chill in the fridge overnight.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: cinnamon chocolate mousse, cinnamon chocolate mousse recipe, quick and easy chocolate mousse recipe, foolproof chocolate mousse, rapid chocolate mousse
More dessert recipes on Michiel’s Kitchen:
- Rapid apple and cinnamon tart
- Cappuccino brownies
- Courgette cake
- Coconut macaroons with chocolate and pistachio
- Dutch apple and cinnamon pie