Rapid apple and cinnamon tart
For me, there is no better sweet treat than an apple pie or tart. I have shared with you my recipe for my traditional Dutch apple and cinnamon pie, and while that is and remains my favourite apple baking recipe, with 30 minutes of prep and 65 minutes of oven time, it isn’t exactly quick to make. This is where my rapid apple and cinnamon puff-pastry tart recipe comes in.
The most important thing in this recipe is to ensure the apples are sliced in the correct thickness. You want these to be thin enough to soften in relatively low oven time, but thick enough not to go mushy and keep the tart together when you cut it into slices. Around 3mm, more or less, is perfect, though don’t worry if some are slightly thicker or thinner.
Sometimes you just crave a quick instant treat, and time doesn’t allow for a homemade pastry, any proofing or long oven time, and you still want something fresh, warm and homemade. This recipe ticks all those boxes, and in 30 minutes start to finish, with only 10 minutes of prep, you can make this absolutely delicious apple tart that is packed with flavour.Print
This recipe only takes 10 minutes of prep to make a delicious apple and cinnamon puff pastry tart, with fresh lemon and vanilla.
- 250g puff pastry
- 4 pink lady apples (or other sweet apples)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll out puff pastry and line a 20cm quiche dish. With a fork, pierce puff pastry all over both the bottom and sides. Place in the fridge while you continue with the next steps.
- Core the apples using an apple corner. Slice into rings, approximately 3mm thick each.
- In a bowl, combine the apple rings with the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and fresh lemon juice. Toss well to ensure the apples are fully coated and the ingredients are well distributed.
- Take the puff pastry out of the fridge. Fill with the apple rings, I like arranging these circularly, slightly overlapping each other, though you can do this however you like.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden and cooked and the apples have softened. Remove from the dish and either eat warm straight away or leave to cool on a plate.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheat apple tart recipe, fastest apple tart recipe, apple puff pastry tart recipe, apple puff pastry desert recipe, quickest apple pie recipe
More baking recipes on Michiel’s Kitchen:
- Dutch apple and cinnamon pie
- Coconut macaroons with chocolate and pistachio
- Courgette Cake
- Cappuccino brownies
- Breakfast waffles with bacon and syrup