Lime chicken and coriander tacos
While I’m a big fan of Mexican food, I haven’t yet shared a Mexican-inspired recipe with you. Today’s recipe for lime chicken and coriander tacos is one of those perfect easy, yet packed with flavour, weeknight dishes.
The marinated chicken is so easy to prepare, either the night before for maximum flavour, or simply 30 minutes prior to cooking, and is flavoured with lime, paprika, chilli, cumin and freshly chopped coriander. The perfect recipe for a Mexican night in!
These tacos with lime marinated-chicken and coriander are the perfect comfort food for a chilled Mexican night in!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon light brown soft sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Small bunch fresh coriander
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 190g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 6 small tortilla wraps
- Start by preparing the chicken marinade. Mix the juice of 1 lime, zest of 1/2 lime, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, paprika powder, chilli powder, cumin, sugar and chopped coriander.
- Cut the chicken in large dices. In a deep plate, mix the chicken pieces and marinade. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a simple tomato salsa: dice red onion and cherry tomatoes finely. Mix with the juice of 1/2 lime.
- Heat a wok with some extra olive oil and fry the chicken pieces until fully cooked through.
- Heat the tortilla wraps, and fill with some lettuce. Top with a little tomato salsa, some chicken pieces and finish with a little more tomato salsa and some extra roughly chopped coriander. Serve immediately.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: lime marinated chicken recipe, Mexican marinated chicken recipe, Mexican lime chicken tacos, lime chicken coriander tacos, Mexican coriander chicken taco recipe
More chicken recipes on Michiel’s Kitchen:
- Chicken Caesar on toast
- Crunchy chicken satay cutlets
- Chicken teriyaki noodle salad
- Mum’s chicken satay