Red pepper and tomato soup
Quite literally the only secret to a perfect soup is the use of great ingredients. I like my soups straightforward and easy, with my favourite vegetables and as few ingredients as possible. My recipe for fresh red pepper and tomato soup delivers exactly that.
Now I realise that the internet is filled with countless red pepper soups already, so why the need for another one you might ask? Well, red bell peppers are my absolute favourite vegetable, so you can image how passionate I am about red pepper soups and after making many versions, I believe I have perfected the below recipe. Besides, I find that most existing red pepper recipes are incredibly overcomplicated and full of totally unnecessary steps. If you can find good, fresh, bright and sweet red peppers, you really should avoid buying those store-bought jarred roasted peppers and there won’t be any need to pre-roast these in the oven either.
Enjoy the sweet flavours of your fresh red peppers and vine tomatoes in this super easy red pepper and tomato soup that doesn’t require much more work than a little bit of chopping and blitzing!Print
Red Pepper and Tomato Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This super fast, fresh red pepper and tomato soup recipe is deliciously sweet and only requires 10 minutes of prep!
- 4 large red peppers
- 225g sweet vine cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 vegetable stock cube (10g)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dried Italian herbs, to serve (optional)
- Dice the onion. Chop red pepper into medium cubes, approximately 1cm. Halve the tomatoes. Chop garlic cloves into small chunks.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pot. Add onion and a good pinch of salt and fry for approximately 4 minutes, add then add the garlic and fry for another minute or so.
- Add red pepper, tomatoes, dried oregano, vegetable stock cube and 500ml of cold tap water.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Take off the heat. Purée soup using a stick blender until super smooth. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Reheat the soup for a few more minutes before serving. Serve with some dried herbs.
If you can, use deliciously fresh and high-quality sweet vine tomatoes for the best result!
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 100
Keywords: tomato and red pepper soup, fresh tomato and red pepper soup, quick tomato and pepper soup, italian soup recipe
More tomato recipes on Michiel’s Kitchen:
- Aubergine parmigiana towers
- Oven-baked tomato orzo pasta
- Carrot risotto with cherry tomatoes
- My ultimate classic and tomato & pecorino devilled eggs