I’ve never been the biggest fan of cauliflower’s taste, but the texture of this ingredient makes it incredibly versatile and there is so much more you can do with this vegetable than simply boil it. Recently I experimented with cauliflower when I wanted to create a new recipe, and I was pleasantly surprised these homemade cauliflower fritters turned out so deliciously at first attempt!
You can experiment with this recipe endlessly, and flavour these however you like, but I found the below combination incredibly tasty. Another big plus is that they are super easy to make and only take a handful of ingredients!Print
This easy recipe makes quick and healthy homemade cauliflower fritters with incredible flavour thanks to paprika, thyme and parsley.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower, cut into florets (approximately 350g)
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 60g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Boil cauliflower florets until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, then drain again. Leave to dry slightly before moving to the next step.
- Transfer cauliflower florets to a food processor and chop into very small pieces. Don’t pulse for too long, you will need small pieces rather than a paste, it’s okay if you have a few larger chunks. You could chop by hand if you don’t have a food processor.
- Mix two eggs and combine with the cauliflower. I like doing this using my KitchenAid stand mixer using the paddle attachment, but you could easily do this with a wooden spoon. Add flour, herbs and spices and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan until very hot. Using two tablespoons scoop out approximately two tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and flatten with the back of a spoon. Fry on each side for a couple of minutes until golden and crispy on the outside.
Experiment endlessly with different herbs and spices!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 400
Keywords: cauliflower fritters recipe, spiced cauliflower fritters recipe, vegetarian cauliflower appetizer, healthy vegetarian appetizer, fried cauliflower recipe
More vegetarian recipes on Michiel’s Kitchen:
- Honey and soy glazed aubergine skewers
- Spicy tomato and red pepper bruschetta
- Pesto pasta salad with asparagus and sun-dried tomato
- Easy express weeknight ramen
- Carrot risotto with cherry tomatoes