Courgette and parmesan puff pastry tarts
This recipe for courgette and parmesan puff pastry tarts is great for a number of reasons. Firstly, they are full of flavour but require very little ingredients. Secondly, they feel kind of special but really take no time at all. But perhaps most importantly, they are really fun to make and completely scalable depending on the course or occasion!
Looking for a fun canapé? Make small squares and top with one or two of zucchini slices. A delicious starter or side? The sizes used in the recipe below would be perfect. A great vegetarian lunch or light dinner? Keep the puff pastry sheet intact and make a gorgeous large tart.
This versatile courgette and parmesan puff pastry tart recipe is a perfect vegetarian starter, light dinner or canapé!
- 320g puff pastry roll
- 1 medium courgette
- 250g ricotta
- 30g parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Slice courgette very thinly, using a mandoline or sharp knife.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry courgette slices until they’re softened but haven’t developed much colour, approximately 4 minutes. Remove from pan and leave to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, dried oregano, dried thyme and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the puff pastry roll in 12 squares, approximately 8x8cm in size each.
- Create a border all the way round by lightly running a knife 1cm from the edge. Pierce the rest of the puff pastry all over with a fork.
- Top each puff pastry square with a generous amount of the ricotta mixture, staying within the borders you just created.
- Divide the courgette slices between the puff pastry tarts, slightly overlapping each other.
- Top with half of the parmesan cheese and bake in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, until puff pastry is cooked and slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining parmesan cheese and season with pepper. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
- Category: Starter
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 49.2mg
- Fat: 35.2g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: courgette puff pastry tarts, courgette ricotta tarts, courgette parmesan tarts, vegetarian puff pastry tart, courgette and parmesan recipe
More vegetarian recipes on Michiel’s Kitchen:
- Cherry tomato orzotto
- Honey and soy glazed aubergine skewers
- Pesto pasta salad with asparagus and sund-dried tomato
- Easy express weeknight ramen
- Carrot risotto with cherry tomatoes